Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Dive-master course and do what you love to do as a career.
The first level as a PADI professional is PADI Dive Master. PADI Dive Master training extends the accident management and prevention skills learned on the Rescue Course to include supervisory situations with student divers and certified divers.
Becoming a PADI Dive Master opens the door to an endless list of possibilities and the chance to work in some of the most fantastic locations around the world.
The Dive Master course is a 8 or more weeks internship program and introduces candidates to supervisory situations with student divers and certified divers. A Dive Master’s problems may not always be safety related – they may include customer service, business or operational challenges. The PADI Dive master course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skill exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
The knowledge you gain from the course will help you with the choices and decisions you make.
The Dive Master Course is divided into 3 sections:
- Knowledge Development, where you learn more about diving theory
- Water skills and Stamina exercises to prove your fitness for diving
- Practical Application sessions give you hands on experience of dealing with actual diving problems that occur.
PADI Professionals are in demand all around the world, wherever there is diving. PADI Dive Master’s work as dive guides in some of the most amazing dive destinations, including Liveaboards and Exotic Tropical Islands, as well as having opportunities to work part or full time in diving in their local area. Whatever direction you decide to take, there will always be fantastic adventures waiting!!
Go to the Dive Master Prerequisites page to see what you need to begin the course.